Heath Ledger, Academy Award nominee has died in his bed by his maid, it has been revealed.
The shocked maid, who went into his bedroom after a masseuse arrived for a scheduled appointment, immediately called 911 services and paramedics rushed to the Manhattan apartment.
Once there medics moved his body, which was surrounded by prescription pills, onto the floor where they desperately tried to revive him.
But they were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police official confirmed there were pill bottles strewn around the apartment but at this stage refused to say if the death was accidental or suicidal.
Ledger’s autopsy is due to be performed on Wednesday but last night his family insisted his death was accidental.
He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight."
Ex-fiancee and the mother to his child Michelle Williams is on a plane rushing to NY and is reportedly devastated. She has been on location in Sweden, and it is believed Matilda is with her.
More News at : huffingtonpost - showbizspy and here