Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Keira Knightley Plans to Quit the Movie Industry

Keira Knightley plans to quit the movie industryKeira Knightley plans to quit the movie industry, because she is "sick of being a celebrity".

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' actress is tired of the constant interest in her private life and says recent allegations her body shape was promoting anorexia have taken her to the brink of giving up acting. She also complained that fame has robbed her of an ordinary life.

"The celebrity thing's completely crazy. I think I just have to move away or give it up altogether.

Keira who has been dating fellow actor Rupert Friend for 17 months, added in the interview for the May issue of Elle:
"I couldn't have kids in the situation I'm in now. But I could just do something else. That's probably what's going to happen. I made a decision very recently that I want a life instead."

"That's probably what's going to happen. I'm just not so hungry any more. I made a decision very recently that I wanted a life instead."

Keira was made her screen debut at 14 and, 21 films later, commands an estimated £3million per movie.

Despite her latest complaints, Miss Knightley is likely to be in the public eye for a while longer.
She has two films - Silk and Atonement - awaiting release in the autumn and she is due to start filming The Best Time Of Our Lives alongside Lindsay Lohan next month.

source
dailymail

No comments: